Thursday, September 1, 2011

lost and found


so the time came when I finally finished the 2nd of five books bought in February of this year, it took me seven months to read Air by Geoff Ryman and not because it was boring but because I just didn't much feel like it... well when I bought these books it was just after working myself too hard on a project that was the most inspiringly fresh and for the most part fun to take on and for once it was in something I believed... empowering kids to tell their story through their gifts. This was a blessing for me and thank you to all who pushed me on that journey for it was awe inspiring to work on....

I bought five books: a biography on American President Barrack Obama, Air, Under The Frangipanni by Mia Couto, a biography on the model Alek Wek and We Are The Ones We Have Been Waiting for by one my favourite authors Alice Walker, which is book number four for me of the five. I read Mia Couto's book in less than five days after reading Air which I loved.

The most intriguing find about the books is that somehow their all about journeying and self discovery, spirituality and belief systems somehow  even though the stories differ... and to think I found a book sale whilst awaiting a friend for some bonding time, you see she was running late. But her being late is one of the greatest gifts she has given me in our friendship as it gave me back one of my favourite things to do in the whole world that I'd forgotten how to do, pretty much like how I have forgotten how to write.

 Writing again is thanks to the memory of my late sister and my late friend sunshine who have believed in my abilities when I have forgotten to believe in them myself as well the numerous people I have in my life who still believe in my writing power...

I guess I am finding my feet again in the things that make me happy whilst embarking on a new journey that will hopefully best yield greater harvests of lessons learned and love lost only to be found and growing with each new rising sun...

No comments:

Post a Comment