Thursday, March 24, 2011

Uhm, I gotta let you go somehow...

Back at one...
I had my ears pierced on holiday in Pretoria when I was younger, we journeyed  by train to get there, I was younger than five year's old then. Yet I remember that pain like it was yesterday...

And somehow after all the screaming, my first pair of gold stud earrings were on my ears and little me looked cute. But somehow I could never keep a pair of earings, I was always losing one or both without ever realising it. Sometimes I'd lose 'em whilst I was sleeping but would never find my butterfly.

So for the most part of my life I'd stop getting earings and be content with not wearing them at all... I lost my silver stud in a car, never to be found again yet somehow the butterfly was safely tucked under my ear. For whatever reasons for a while the earring fairy has allowed me to not lose any thank goodness but...

Lately little by little it has crept in again yet this time I can feel the earring slip and sometimes I am lucky enough to see it fall or feel the butterfly drop off from it's mark... but as if that's not enough, every once in a while my ear disagrees with the earrings that adorn it and my ears begin to hurt a little for a while so I take them off and forget about 'em but when I do it's a battle to get my earrings in... My ears close the piercing holes.

Today I felt one slip again and I realised I somehow have to stop trying now. I want to suck it up and be all grown up about it but it's taken me so long to fall in love with 'em that it's kinda hard not to put any on... so I'll keep 'em safe for now 'til we love each other again.


P.S. Please let this feuding stop, I want my pretty earrings back!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment