Friday, June 10, 2011

uhm may needs to 'fess up as to what happened to her...

 like really No Blog posts in her month...

I have seen and felt so much in the month or so that I have not been blogging, experience is a beautiful pain that stretches you to your limits and back often going beyond what you would think is your reserve tank capacity.

I have been reminded of Thandiswa Mazwai's song where she sings: Are the beautiful ones really dead... yet again as death swooped in and stole yet another friend or two or three. Death is constant, yet it is not what we should concern ourselves with but much rather how we go forth and live each day. None of us are perfect and it is our very imperfections that set us apart in the world.

I was also reminded of the grime that exists in the world and how candidly it sits up right and proper so pronounced for all to see, validating its self importance above the wholesomeness of old. Oh how the world has changed....

I remember once being asked why I would want to have a kid in this world that is radically deteriorating? I thought how absurd and unjust a question it was at the time yet now I'm unsure. There's a lot of darkness in this world while society often sits quietly letting it plunder, leaving the goodness ravaged. How did we get to the point where we have to be scared to walk our streets because the value of a life has depreciated so much so it has become valueless to another life?

Can we gain what we have lost or mend the broken pieces? when do we say enough is enough, my community has a right to feel safe!


No comments:

Post a Comment