Friday, December 30, 2011

holidays

So it's about that time of the year where everyone is wishing everyone else a happy new year and we are all either taking stock or organising our new year's resolution lists...
Forgive me but I refuse to partake in rituals that having nothing to do with me. Yes, I have had a relaxed festive season, one where I have chosen to be with fewer energies, well actually the ones that matter have made an uber awesome time of this year"s festive season.

What I have learnt is that I have always known that I am not a pack orientated person so I have therefore lost all interest in things that require an "us" element friendship-wise, please note this excludes the when in a relationship aspect. It is so much easier to create your own happiness rather than to be present in the societal norm that leaves your soul debilitated after a season meant for rest.

The greatest surprise is that my bestest friends are happy whether we have spent time together or not this festive season and that is all that matters, that we are doing things that make us happy.

Euphoria is having old family friends walk through your front door without having announced their passing through, this for me makes me feel like i'm a little girl again and life is simple. Those truly were the best of times. I hope one day my kids, nephews and nieces and friends kids will know what I grew up with. May they  too be raised by a village that works in-cohesion.

I have had a lot of pleasant surprises and I thank the universe for all the love.
Lost a few wonderful people this year yet it was all in God's time so we will either shed a tear or pour some liquor on the ground in their memory, may the ones who have left earth be eternally blessed.

Light and love to all who pass through my writing rants, may the new year bring you peace love and happiness, may all things asked from a good space be answered.

Hopefully in the new year this space will grow and keep up with the times.
 To those travelling may travelling mercies be with you.

Dear Universe
Thank you for the lessons, love and light as well as the moments of utter craziness and zen.
signed:
a daughter of the soil
one who is of you
 P.S. may awareness leave me (us), may we forever strive to be in your element at our best.

No comments:

Post a Comment