Sunday, April 10, 2011

A Letter to My Sunshine 7 April 2011

Who would ever have thought
that one day
Cetekazi
I would sit
writing
to bid thee farewell
my darling friend
You who nourished my soul
with your rays
I cannot undream this,
I know.
That you
shall not blink
smilingly my way
just one last time...
You loved us
with all your soul
How befitting
that the mocker in you
would choose to leave
on April Fool's
It is oh, so chilly
without you
It was on the greyest of days
that you left
this earth
What a void you have left
in all our hearts
But because you have loved us
it will get better with time...
Somewhere within us
we know you are happier now
And your soul is finding peace.
I bet everyone there
now knows who you are
I feel you still
in the love and warmth you exude
Your spirit lives
And your love is planted
 in our hearts
May the God of love
 be with you

1 comment:

  1. This definitely brought tears to my eyes. Nothing is worse than losing a friend/family member and be so many miles away that you cannot get the closure that you need to accept the sudden reality. I know God does all things for a reason, though. And I am just grateful that I was loved by you.
    May you Rest In Paradise!
    Love, Nhoza

    ReplyDelete